Monday, July 2, 2012

i don't blame you.

I've expressed some controversial opinions about the resurgence of Fiona Apple and Chan "Cat Power" Marshall that have not been received well.
I have freely admitted that my experience with their latest efforts is limited and not purposeful as they have most often occurred commuting to or from work. I have, at times, and very much would consider myself a fan of both ladies and can easily muster up several memories of driving or riding in cars sobbing and singing to their songs. You can't? I got plenty for us all. Bitches were sad and then mad and I was right there with them. So why now am I not connecting?
Here's the awesome part: I'm not sad or mad and there's no one I feel an overwhelming urge to write a letter to and include the lyrics to one of their songs and leave it outside of their bedroom and bust back in that house an hour later to get it back before they got home. I think I ended up giving it to him anyway. Have I said too much? It was a way long time ago.
The point is, I'm not connecting to that right now. So much so that I won't even allow myself to go back to a time where I could connect to it. The next time my heart breaks don't you worry, I'll know who to invite to the slumber party of misery. Dear god, I just hope it won't involve letters and please, please let the ones that did get delivered not exist anymore.
I will, however, still jam the shit out of "Paper Bag" and "He War," but please don't play "Good Woman" around me ever. I don't want to go down that downward spiral of tragic emotions.
I mean, I just don't feel like hating everyone right now or dwelling on the fact that love can be one of the most painful things ever. I just started making myself believe it's one of the best things ever again.
The clenched teeth singing Fiona does get under my skin though. I'll learn to get past it. I still and will forever and always stand by my feelings toward Joanna Newsom (you know she's with Andy Samberg? Weird.) I can't. She will never have an invitation to my sob fest bitch party.
I've just got some livin' and hopefully some lovin' to do before the invites can go out on that one. I know you're all dying to be on the list. You'll probably be a VIP.

No comments:

Post a Comment