Wednesday, September 25, 2013

humble pie.

I don't know what it is about my roots soaking up a fresh coat of blonde, but I always seem to take moment to reflect and prepare for a fresh start. (Re: my college column here: http://www.latech.edu/techtalk/archives/11_9_06/current/blonde.php)
It could also be the fall beers and candles and attempting to wear cardigans at the first sign of relief in the air, but damn, I feel really good about life right now. 
See, I've been in a pretty large funk the past few months. Typical battles with some of the same ol' demons. I fight them just enough to call it, but not kill them. But, I'm getting there. 
The thing is, I've got some pretty incredible people in my life who see things in me I won't allow myself to see. Who present such a wonderful reflection. Who comfort me, reassure me and keep me honest. 
I love my job. It's not the job I thought I would be doing, but it turns out I'm pretty good at it and have been able to surround myself with amazing people there as well. It's not every day you have a job that you are literally just expected to make someone else's day a little better and find yourself laughing hysterically on the sidelines. To really lead a team who believes in you and wants it just as bad as you do is humbling. 
I am so lucky to be with my family and have had the experiences I've had with them after moving back to the very place I always said I never would. There hasn't been a day that has been filled with regret on that decision since. 
The thing is, there will always be something missing. I think it's just a part of who I am. I want it all and I want the best, and even though I'm not a patient person, I'll wait for it. I never thought my life would look the way it does now, so there's really no point in guessing on what's to come, but I do know it will be wonderful and full and exactly what I always wanted and never knew existed. 
Happy. Hopeful. Humble. 

No comments:

Post a Comment