Tuesday, October 2, 2012

rally.

So much happened in September making in seem like a long month, yet I can't believe it's October.
I know I wrote about how I was happy alone last, which was indeed a revelation, but September was filled with my favorite people, too.
I let my hair down, y'all. Held my head up high, too. I had a lot of fun doing my favorite things, most of which I hadn't done in a long time, some I thought were no longer in my comfort zone, but got over it quickly. Late nights, girl talk, live music, bachelorette parties, confidentially carrying conversations, basically, I rallied. Finally, right?
My boss has spent a lot of time talking to me about work/life balance in the lat year and I thought it was falling on dead ears as I just nodded my head in agreement knowing that it was a ridiculous notion. Well, it isn't. When I finally started putting myself on a personal level first and worked hard to build a capable, awesome team. It kind of fell into my life. I'm aware the scales tip here and there and will definitely begin to more so here in a few weeks, but I've never been scared or reluctant to work hard.
So, hey October. Let's keep it up. I've been gaining momentum, checking things off, feeling better, moving on.

No comments:

Post a Comment