Thursday, July 14, 2011

bad blood.

I've been getting caught up on True Blood lately. It's silly, I know. But, I love it, can't help it and won't apologize for it. I mean, it's Alan Ball, people! After Six Feet Under, he made it on to my list of people I want to be along with Cameron Crowe. Anyway, if you allow yourself to, you can find some pretty awesome themes that are twisted in ridiculous supernatural things, but are so true to life. It, in a way, makes real life seem more ridiculous. I won't go in depth on my True Blood studies, but if there's one thing that Sookie Stackhouse has the power to do (aside from reading minds), it is to rescind invitations of the vampires in her life.
I've got a list of blood-sucking, full of shit, terrible people that given the chance to say "I RESCIND MY INVITATION!" to I would be so happy to see them fast-motion moon walk out of my home and life. They could just stand just past the thresh hold of my life looking in like sad puppies hoping I'll invite them in again.
But, the thing is, I feel like in some ways I do have this power. I just have to make the grand gesture of doing so. I have never been able to give up on people. I have battled myself over my expectations of people (are they too high? but, I do deserve at least that right?). The bad outweighs the good. I don't want to be baggage to anyone else. But, the vampires of my life, have got to get out. I'm not a vengeful or even confrontational person for that matter, so stakes aren't necessary and I won't force them to meet their true death with the sunlight to reveal themselves. But they will be a non-factor in my life. And, really, that's what they wanted, right? When you do shitty things, you're trying to hurt that person, why would you want them around?
If you don't want to burn the bridge, don't light the match to begin with. But I assure you, I will let that bitch burn down and you will never be able to cross it again.
Everyone makes mistakes, but you have to be willing to learn from them and own up to them. Even vampires are a little human. I mean, Bill learned that it was a mistake to try to betray Sookie by bringing her to the Vampire Queen of Louisiana, even if he did change his mind because he fell in love with her. Bitch got rescinded.

No comments:

Post a Comment