Thursday, October 13, 2011

lessons in optimism.

Things, they are a-changin, finally. I've spent so much time waiting for them to, I forgot that I had to make them do it. Wishful thinking is good, magical thinking is better.
As we all know, I buried myself in the past. It was suffocating. Now that I'm allowing things to happen, they do. Do I have to open the doors myself? Most of the time. I'm not used to chivalry anyway. I'm flinging them wide open, peeking inside and slamming them shut if need be.
Point is, taking chances, putting myself out there, being optimistic about the outcome. Lessons learned.
So, I'm feeling good, is what I'm trying to say.
Because
I can still get in the car with my best friend and drive all day and night just for a few hours of fun.
I forgot how good music feels in my soul.
My friends are all still there, still have my back.
I'm doing things for myself.
I'm not beating myself up for what I'm not doing today.
Cause I'm doing what I want to today.
Saying what I mean, meaning what I say.
And, OK with doing that on your terms if it'll reach you better.
Memories can be the best and worst things about life.

No comments:

Post a Comment