Wednesday, October 5, 2011

one wing.

It's fall, ya'll. Seasons, they're what's up.
Fall and Spring are the best because they're such a welcomed relief from the extremes you endure, no matter how fleeting they are in Louisiana.
And, October, I think you may be my favorite month.
I just happened to be off on Oct. 1, I stepped outside with my cup of coffee and posted up on my patio for pretty much the entire day and almost every waking hour I've spent at home since. I felt ridiculously inspired and worked on my first assignment in years and just felt this overwhelming feeling of relief when each one was near completion. I've known for years that part of my personal unhappiness has come from my inability to really write and it be what I meant to say, but now, I think that those quiet years were neccessary to fuel what is now spilling out onto the page, because dammit! I've got something to say!
So, I'm committed to the process. Stopping what I'm doing and putting it out there immediately, very few things are as important. Laundry can wait and so can that phone call I don't really want to answer anyway.
And, really, the root of it all is, I'm ready to say it and I'm not as worried about who hears it. I believe in what I have to say and I believe who I'm finally starting to become.

No comments:

Post a Comment