Thursday, May 17, 2012

burps and backs.

Pandora freaks me out.
I'm sitting here, going on hour 3, beer 2 (I just started those) and several chapters into a fresh book, and a song comes on I've never heard before which kind of starts repeating thoughts that are rolling through my head. I won't name the song because it's kind of a pitiful song and not how I truly feel, just that inner turmoil that kind of comes up like a burp interrupting my happy place.
It passes that quickly though. Like, I feel better now that I've let that come up. It leaves an odd taste in your mouth from the past and you swallow it away with your next sip of beer.
Wow. I really just made an analogy with a burp. I'm breaking new ground here.
The point is, I took a sigh of relief of finally spending a day the way I've been wanting to for weeks and had a slight outburst when I turned around to flip and thought someone I knew was coming to bust up my party of one. Is it possible to like being alone too much? But, at the same time, wish you weren't at certain times during the day? So conflicted.
I mean, it'd be nice for the chair next to me to be occupied (by choice, not surprise , mind you. We all know I don't handle surprise well.), but I'm ok that it's not, too. Today, anyway. But I do need help applying sunscreen to my back. And, like someone who has my back in general.
And, as the song mysteriously changes, I move on back to my happy place for today. It doesn't take much these days, so there's that.

No comments:

Post a Comment