Saturday, May 26, 2012

defense.

At what point after continually defending and making excuses for someone do you start looking like a fool?
I mean, pretty sure I've got the answer there, but witnessing the explosion is a sobering experience and quite frankly leaves me rather pissed.
If you have to defend and excuse a person's actions to begin with is that the first red flag? I don't want to be bitter and live on a tightrope of no mistakes or I'm pushing you off, but damn, please don't make me eat my words. I don't think I'll be able to swallow them first of all.
I've been extremely uncomfortable and now I'm a little pissed, ok? That whole fool me once shame on you, fool me twice... well... just kidding, shame on me. (I mean, does anyone else miss the hilarity that was GWB's presidency every now and then? I saw the shoe throwing episode on the news the other night and laughed like it was America's Funniest Videos. Not to mention, I was so happy to see Will Ferrell's impression of him again on SNL is was like seeing an old friend... K focus.)
The thing is, I want to believe in you. I want to go to bat for you, if I need to. I realize every one makes mistakes and I'm beginning to wonder if my problem is I prevent people from ever really having to pay for them because I want to protect them, but that's a classic case of being an "enabler" isn't it? I've written about not being able to comprehend how people sometimes forget what's right and decent and the accountability that should come with making the opposite choice and yet I don't until I backed into a corner with a swollen tongue for biting it for so long
Shame on me. But, shame on them, too. Understand, I'm not sitting on my high horse or a pedestal or whatever cliché fits here. I realize I make mistakes, I just try really hard not to keep repeating them. Thank you if you've ever defended me, but damn, I hope it was for something that needed your defense.

No comments:

Post a Comment