Friday, June 1, 2012

new addition.

I got that new Augusten, y'all!
(along with major bed head, some pretty bad roots and that makeup free baby face. Seen below all of the words.)
So excited to step back into his world for a visit. The fact the back cover confidently proclaims that this is the book he was born to write makes me both so excited to devour it and want to slowly soak it in all at the same time. I'm conflicted that I may actually be a gay man on the inside based on my book shelves?
Anyway, it was him and a few others that made me fall in love with real life and all it's disgusting and beautiful truths spilled out on the page over other types of words. That, and a college class a couple years later that lit a personal passion for it inside of me. This book has been needing to find its way to me. It only makes sense that it falls into my lap now that I've already gotten bored with myself and my ramblings after only a short recommitment to writing.
So here's to turning pages and hopefully filling some of my own, k?

No comments:

Post a Comment