Monday, June 11, 2012

luxury of time.

Where does the time go though really? On a large and small scale?
It's so strange to catch yourself in a moment and realize so much time has passed since (fill in blank) happened.
That's what's been blowing my mind lately, but I won't get into it much deeper than that.
So, here's what's been making me happy in the most recent gap of time:
My spotify playlists. Still doing them. June is very Paul Simon which brought me to the Vampire Weekend connection some summertime Beach Boys and some other jams peppered in there. I listen to these playlists while I'm doing something maybe not so fun to enjoy it or to tune out and de-stress.
Pool day with my sisters (the biological one and my chosen one) too much sun and maybe a little too much to drink, but both of those things are temporary.
The Paul Simon documentary about Graceland. Came along just as I was loving some of those songs again. Love how it works out like that.
Text messages. I've got a couple threads going that genuinely brighten my day with a laugh or just a smile.
Tan lines and freckles. They just make me feel better. I won't say that I'm not concerned about the potential consequences, but I will say I try not to think about it as I bake.
Obnoxiously bright colors. They're making their way to my nails and my wardrobe and they're just fun.
One more week til Noah. The excitement in my family is something I will truly cherish and am so thankful I was here to feel it. Can't wait to see him, I don't know if I'll be able to handle it.
I feel myself opening up. I see it, too. I really want to let people in, take chances, risks and just see what happens, because I'm confident it'll be ok, either way. I've realized when you let people give a shit, sometimes they actually do. Magic, right? Kind of. I'm going with it.
So, I'm feeling good. I'm kind of trying to bottle it and remind myself that it's really the simplest things that make the biggest difference. The next month will be extremely busy with work, and as for the personal, my ultimate challenge of all of these little lessons I've been collecting is that I don't have to sacrifice myself. I can walk in my house, turn on the music and do the things that make me happy. And, it'll be over, said and done before I know it. That's how time works, right?

1 comment:

  1. I can see you walking in, putting the needle to Graceland and meandering throughout the house, calming after a long days work. It makes me happy to hear you appreciating such small things. Love is all around, gather it all...

    ReplyDelete