Friday, March 2, 2012

day old blues.

I've been fighting heavy eye lids since about 8:39 pm. I also purchased the most fashionable orthopedic shoes possible (which isn't very, but they're leopard print) on clearance today.
Both of these things were a great source of internal conflict for the past two hours as I was forcing my eyes to stay open as I caught up on my shows and drank a beer. So cool on a Friday night.
Then, I reminded myself that I stayed up to the hours of 5 to 7 am central time and was drinking by 10 am last weekend. I can still hang. Just when it's really worth it.
So what? My feet hurt and I work hard. This bitch is tired. I'm ok with the fact that I'm excited to work tomorrow because I'll be walking on fluffy cloud shoes and an adequate night's sleep. I'm also choosing to believe it isn't taking me a week to recover from one weekend, ok?
Alright I'm gonna let these eyes close so I'm not wearing pillows underneath them tomorrow even though I know my anti-aging de-puff eye gel will do the trick in the morning.
God, when did I get so old? And, yet, I was asked today if I'm old enough to smoke cigs.
CONFLICTED.

No comments:

Post a Comment