Wednesday, March 21, 2012

miles.

It's so appropriate that I'm loving listening to music again because, as it turns out, I'm actually getting a new car this weekend.
I have realized that I can get sentimental about absolutely anything. I mean, anything. This car that I've been bitching about for about a year I now feel like I'm driving her to the vet and putting her down.
We've had some amazing times together. Driving to California and back and everywhere in between. Windows down. Music blaring. The only reason there wasn't a care in the world in those moments was because I let them blow out of the windows onto the open road. I grew up driving this car.
The CDs that are lost in here are both my favorite albums and mixes made just for a certain time and I could tell you which as soon as you pop it in. The map my dad drew out for my big adventure is still in here, too.
I'm spending the next few days revisiting our greatest hits. Windows down. Volume up. Memory Lane.
But, I am so excited to feel like I am starting a new chapter. I know it's just a car, but I'm investing in something for myself. As much as the cracks, dents and burns are all scars of a life lived well for my car, they are for me too and it really is time for a fresh start.
I never really thought I'd be buying a brand new car and getting what I actually wanted.
That seems to be a theme I'm trying to keep in my life, you know, the whole stop settling, I deserve better thing? I'll take it.
But, for now I'm gonna keep popping in those long forgotten CDs and send ol' Camry off right.
See ya in my sassy new ride. (it's red y'all.)

2 comments:

  1. all of this makes me really happy....should i send you some new cds for new times? let me know when nostalgia wears off a bit....i bet it's the second you step into your new ride.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! And you got it. It was a good week on memory lane, but, girl, the future is so much more exciting and interesting in this driver's seat.

      Delete