Saturday, February 18, 2012

come on.

I am anxiously awaiting Friday as I have for Christmas when I was little.
Getting' on a plane with Bethany and flying high to Sin City to celebrate Lindley's birth.
I'm just ready to let go of everything. Turn off my mind and tune into just doing what feels right (like drinking jumbo daqs and walking around the strip). We don't have an itinerary. There are things we want to do and see and we will, but the best part is that we're doing it.
This was my first challenge of the "year of yes" and I leaped. Without a second thought. Lin said we should go to Vegas. I said ok, when? And it felt good.
Since then, I've started opening up more and more slowly in so many areas of my life. Saying yes to little things makes everything else so much bigger. It was a good resolution and the only way to really make the year of the badass possible.
Two months in, I'm still laying the foundation to what, I feel, is a year with so much potential to be the biggest one in a hot minute. I have to stop letting things get in my way and I know, the biggest obstacle is of course myself, but there's definitely been progress.
It's going to be so amazing to be in a city that no one knows us, but everyone will know how badass we are. I can't wait to laugh 'til my face hurts with my girls and make memories we'll have forever. I can't wait to not give a shit and just go with it.
I'm gonna have the biggest fun hangover of my life.
If I can just get through the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment