Wednesday, February 29, 2012

calendar.

So, here it is. February is almost over in just a few hours. It was one of the best months I've had in a long time.
I took a moment to scan through most of the posts from this month and I have to say, I feel accomplished. I finally put a lot of things that have been on my mind and heart out there. To whom? I never really knew. it's probably better that way. It's the first time I've been open and honest about a lot of different things regardless of how vague I made it, each one was a burden lifted in some way. Some much larger than others. You can read between the lines all you want, and I hope you do, but I also hope that I'm not alone and if I made you feel a little less lonely because you could relate, that's amazing.
I am happy. The happiest I've ever been? No. Those times are on their way, I know it. I feel better because I've been taking care of myself in as many different ways as possible. I'm ready for next chapters. It's time for the plot to thicken. Let's throw some new characters in the mix, too. Time to stop playing it so safe. I'll get there.
This writing thing this month is proof that every day is a baby step and you better make the most of it. Some days get you a little further, hell, some of them are going to set you back. Sometimes those are the most important.
I'm excited to keep pushing myself. Questioning things. Seeking better. It's been time to move on for so long now. I've just had this pit in my stomach thinking nothing will ever be better than what was so good before. It's just not true. All of those things are kind of like bench marks now. And incredible ones at that.
So, now we head into March with its ides and its madness and I say bring that shit on. March, you've got a lot to live up to, 'cause February kicked some serious ass. Bring it.
I'm ready. I'm not going anywhere. But I sure am going to keep trying, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment