Wednesday, February 29, 2012

only in dreams.

I must say, I had a pretty legendary night's sleep. The combo of little sleep and lots of fun for a few days mixed with a little pill help made me feel like sleeping beauty 12 (12!) hours later.
However, with deep sleep comes an awakening of my subconscious.
There I was again being haunted in my dreams once more. I don't understand how this person keeps surfacing here when they're so far from my reality now. It leaves me with such a raw feeling in the morning. The story line is always different, the character always there. Why?
I really can't grasp how engrained people can become inside of you. Will the grip ever loosen? They live so deeply buried, I can't find a way to dig them out.
When I wake up, I have this urge to reach for my phone and just say something... Is there a reason I'm having these dreams? Should I acknowledge it in reality? By the time my mind finally fully wakes up the answer is always no, while my heart whispers, "please."
I'm left wondering am I hidden somewhere in them? Do I find my way into their dreams? I have a hard time believing I do as much as I want it to be true.
It's all just a fairy tale. One that will only play out on the backs of my eye lids. Part of me wants the story to pick back up when my head hits the pillow. The other doesn't want to close my eyes only to wake to reopened wounds.
All I can take it to mean, is that I hold onto things too tightly. So tightly I've forgotten I'm even holding on and I have to stop wishing, somewhere deep down, that there's a hand reaching back for mine.
Sweet dreams?

No comments:

Post a Comment