Friday, February 3, 2012

fever.

I've made a conscious effort to drink more water. But, I think there's something it because, holy shit, everyone is catching the preg. I mean, I really don't have to worry about that, but it's like motherhood is screaming in my face everywhere i look and don't get me started on my Facebook newsfeed.
However, it is really awesome to watch my sister go through this process. It's exciting and scary for her. So many questions that won't really have answers until her little baby is in her arms. I can't wait to be there for that.
There's just something about a mother. No matter how old we get, we still want them and need them during our weakest moments. Whether it's wiping your hair out of your face while you cry or cleaning vomit out of your lap (sorry, sister, but it's true). What an incredible responsibility to love someone that much.
I had dinner with my mom tonight after meeting up with her at a store where she was so excited to buy cute little outfits for her very first grandson. And I can't imagine what it will be like for her to be there for my sister as she watches someone she brought into the world bring another in.
I, by no means, have baby fever. I'm still questioning if my maternal instincts exist somewhere buried deep inside, but I do find a sense of urgency for things to begin unfolding in my life for my parents to be on my side for.
Everything in due time I suppose. Everything in its right place?

2 comments:

  1. I cry a lot when reading your blogs, but laughed at the vomit comment. And I said to Mom after she lovingly wiped the vomit out of my lap that a mother's job is never done. I have doubted and continue to doubt how I'll be as a mother - I think that's kind of normal so don't worry about your maternal instincts. Look at how we take care of our fur babies! I'm also excited to be on your side for all of the great experiences that are in your future as you have stood by me for mine. You've accomplished so much and will continue to - I can't wait to see it all happen.

    ReplyDelete