Sunday, February 19, 2012

plans.

As excruciating as I made this week seem yesterday, a lesson has been learned.
When there's something to look forward to, the days leading up to it, although can sometimes seem long, make it so much easier because you know you're one day closer.
I've mentioned my prep for this trip, after the actual planning was done, I immediately put myself on a strict budget which has taken financial stress away because my account is bigger than it has been in years which in turn made my waist line a little smaller (amen). I haven't deprived myself of much, but having good reasons to make better decisions all around makes life better I've realized.
So, I haven't even gone to the air port yet and I'm already thinking about what's next. I need to have something new to look forward to and work toward. New car is on the list for sure. Trip to LA this summer seems so much easier now that I've made all of this happen. Saying yes and making shit a reality, k?
I'm happier which is amazing for me and probably better for everyone at work, too. I have just all around made an effort to take control of what I can and move on from the rest. Give some of it away, too.
I'm having better conversations with people. Loving writing more even though some of these have definitely just been "ok, I HAVE to find something to write," while others I felt really good about writing. It has very much been a journaling exercise as it pretty much is a chance for me to sum up the thoughts swimming in my head and process them. Not every day is going to be prolific and result in some awe inspiring lesson learned and that's ok. That would kind of be intense.
Not to mention, I'm kind of excited that the most pressing thoughts on my mind are what outfit I'm going to wear where and how can I strategically pack all of them to fit in a tiny suitcase for an overhead bin. I mean, clearly I'm going to have to wear my boots and accessorize the shit out of myself for the plane. I'll take that over the usual "holy shit, what am I doing?!" thoughts any day.
Those will be back. For sure. But, I guess I'm starting my vacation from reality a little early. Hell, I may even extend that vacay. I know I'll be excited and inspired and relish the delicious moments of sweet fun and freedom. Well, if I let myself.
So, here's to making plans and living a life that I'm worth having and letting everything else just be for a minute.
I mean, I think I've kind of earned it.
Definitely deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment