Sunday, February 5, 2012

pillow talk.

How come the moment I climb into bed is one of the best moments of the day, but I put it off until the last minute? I mean, everyone does, clearly, but it's like I put it off. Oh, I'll just watch one more episode or let me do this, and then the second my body is between the sheets and the pillows are just right--it's like the biggest, coziest sense of relief. And the worst part of my day? Having to climb out of that cocoon in the morning. It is so hard! My head feels like a million pounds, I've for my little meow meow snoozing on my feet and my alarm is screaming at me for about an hour.
So, bed, I just want you to know how much I appreciate you and all of your ridiculous luxury. This is just another symptom of my chronic procrastination for everything in my life. Never seeming to be able to catch up because I start each day just a little bit behind and with a little something extra from the day before. This "do what you can and tune out the rest" mentality that has infected my life has to stop. I have to stop ending the day with a running list of everything I didn't do and all of the things that aren't happening.
I'm ready to stop putting off bedtime just because I'm not satisfied with what my day became and I'm waiting til the last second to turn it around somehow. I want to go to bed with a clear head and a quick run through of everything I did do and not what I didn't. I want the reason I stay up until it's too late to be a good one.
So, it's bubble bath time (remember?) and then I'm hitting the pillows in anticipation of a better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment